Friday, August 13, 2010

Update on Abby's Trick Training

Ok so as of two days ago Abby learned twist(spin left) which is her cue to spin in the opposite direction of her spin(spin right). We are also working on a few other tricks/commands specifically "fetch my slippers" and "get the purse".

Right now I'm working on getting her to bring the item to me by use of marking the behavior with the clicker. She's doing pretty well, but it might be another few days or so before she's got it down pat. So far she's got the idea that when I say "slipper" or "purse" she has to run to the item and pick it up. I'm slowly getting her to bring it back to me, but as of now she's doing fairly well with it.

And just cuz here's an old pic that I found and scanned of her from back when we first adopted her from the shelter(5 years ago)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment